- When creating a gallery, make sure your photos are formatted before you start working in the CMS. All photos should be 1400 pixels wide x 72dpi maximum.
- When creating a gallery that showcases work from students in a class, request the following information from the professor :
- A short description of the class
- A list of all the students in the class
- The name of each project created by the student
- Large jpgs/pdfs of each project
- When creating galleries for class projects that only include PDFs, review the document and crop one to two images from it. These will be used in the gallery. The PDF will be upload and linked to in the text.
- Here's an example: http://ced.berkeley.edu/ced/galleries/#/2013-inland-student-highlights
Creating The Gallery
Once your images are formatted in the CMS click "Add" in the Galleries to create a new Gallery. To edit an existing gallery, click "Edit."
- Remember, all JPGs should be saved at 1400px x 72 dpi.
- If you can not save them at that width, save them at the closest width you can (i.e. 1200 pixels wide.)
- If you make your images larger than this you MAY crash the CMS.
In the editor create the gallery Title. The Title conventions are as follows:
- For a class: "Class Title" "year"
- For other galleries: "year" "Title"
Treat Gallery Details as an excerpt, as in News Item. Gallery details will show on Gallery Page as seen below.
Gallery Extended Info
Put in short description that professor provided.
Extended info will appear as first slide in gallery.
- Click on the "+" button to add images.
- You can add images one at a time, but if you have a lot of images to load it would be easierto bulk upload. To do this, scroll all the way down the page and click on "Matrix Multi-Upload" on the bottom left.
- Click on the uploader and select all the images you want to put in the gallery.
- Once the images are uploaded, rearrange them so that the first image is the most compelling (we want people to click on these).
- If available, in the caption, put in the student's name, the name of their project, and any links to PDFs or websites that you have.
- If you need a text slide to break up parts of the gallery, put your text in the text only slide and do not add an image. This will create a "text" slide.
- Click submit, and you're done!