News stories on the CED website are displayed in a number of ways and places:
- As news-summary feeds on the CED home page and Department home pages
- As full news stories under Events + Media on the CED website
- As news summaries in CED e-News
- As syndicated items on secondary pages on the CED website
Space is limited in news stories so:
- Be concise yet information-rich when crafting story headlines.
- In the News Content, offer as many of the "Five Ws" as possible (who, what, when, where, why)
- Provide available links to websites that offer readers additional information about the story or subject.
Navigate to the News Entry area in the CED Web Editor
- For a new story click Add
- To edit a current story click Edit
The News Entry Page will open up - You will be in the "publish" tab
- Open - The article will appear on the website in both the news feeds and as an article
- Closed - The article is available for editing and viewing but does not show up in the news feed or as an open entry
- Featured - The article will appear in all news channels listed for "open" and can also be syndiated (see below for details.)
TITLE/URL TITLE: Short Form title of the news article - this will also auto create the URL title in the filed below. Do NOT alter the URL title
CATEGORIES: Choose the category the news article falls under. This also determines the news article's "color." Yellow is for CED; Red is fro Architecture; Green is for CIty and Regional Planning; Blue is for Landscape Archtiecture.
- Entry Excerpt: The is a text summary about the news article. Will show up when you syndicate the article to home and secondary pages.
- Entry Image: This image will show up when you syndicate the article to home and secondary pages. It will also
Structure Listing URL