All site settings are accessed via the SITE SETTINGS tab in the main menu. A number of global and page-specific settings are contained here.
SOCIAL MEDIA SETTINGS
The SOCIAL MEDIA settings group allows you to update the URLs associated with the icons in the supernav on the site. Leaving any of these fields empty will remove the icon from the site. If at any time the actual icons need to be updated you will need to update the master Illustrator file located at /images/css/sprite.ai and export new sprite.svgz files.
This information appears in the global footer on every page of the site. Updating the information here will update it in all areas of the site.
There are a number of elements on the site that make use of dynamic background images. This is where you manage these images.
- Logo Background images are set at: 1070px x 800px x 72dpi.
- Subhead Background sizes are 1800px × 494px x 72dpi.
DEPARTMENT TAB BACKGROUND IMAGES
On the home page of the site the department tabs have hover states that reveal background images. To change these images:
- Click the “x” icon next to the existing image to remove it.
- Click “Add File”.
- You can now either select from the images already on the server or upload a new file.
- After selecting, or uploading a file, you scroll to the bottom of the page and hit “Save Changes”.
At the top of all pages on the site, rotating images load everytime a page is loaded. These background images appear behind the CED logo. These images load randomly from the Logo Backgrounds group. You add and remove images in much the same way as you do for the Department Tab Background images. The one important difference is the Logo Backgrounds have no limit to the number of images you can add.
- Logo Background sizing: 1070px × 800px x 72dpi.
- Move your mouse over the number on the left in the row.
- An arrow will appear. Click on that arrow and choose “Delete Row.”
- To add more images to the list:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Logo Backgrounds list and click on the “+” icon.
- This will add a new row. Now just click on the “Add Image” link, select or upload your image, then scroll to the bottom
- and click “Save changes.”
INTERIOR HEADER BACKGROUNDS
The Interior Header Backgrounds group works exactly the same way as the Logo Backgrounds group.
Any page on the site can be a featured item. For instructions on making a page a “Featured” item see “Featuring Pages / Entries."
The home page and each of the three department pages have three separate areas allotted for features: slideshow features, left column features, and right column features. To edit which features appear in these areas for each of these four pages, choose one of the following groups:
- Home Features
- ARCH Features
- City Features
- Land Features
When opening any of these groups for editing you’ll see the same UI:
- The list in the box on the left includes all pages and listings that have been given a “feature” status. (Because this can make for a very long list, the easiest method for finding the pages or listings you’d like to include is to use the filter field and search for the title.)
- To add a listng: locate the listing by title you’d like to include; click the title and drag it to the box on the right.
- To remove existing featured title, drag the title from the box on the right to the box on the left.
- Once you’ve made your selections scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save changes”.
NEW AND EVENTS FEED LIMITS
The Feed Limits group allows you to set arbitrary limits for different feeds on the site. Recommended feed limits are listed as follows:
- The News feed on the home page;
- the Events feed on the home page;
- the News feeds on the department landing pages; and
- the Events feeds on the department landing pages.
The Feed Limits group also allows you to set limits for the number of features allowed in the left and right columns of the home page and department landing pages.